Monday 11 November 2013

Flying home

PKim joined us for breakfast, but Ji Hee had already had to leave as it was a working day. I've never had a PA, but it has made for a very enjoyable time, and took so much uncertainty out of everything. Between Dongsik, Ji Hee and Yoo Ree (but they are not alone!) I've been treated like a prince. Had a little putting practice in the lounge part of the room before and after breakfast! PK is a regular golfer, but my putting wasn't too bad. PK then had a meeting to go to but a party of a dozen came to see me off, Yoo Ree joining Dongsik and me in the car driven by assistant pastor who has been with PK for 10 years. The others came in the minibus with my luggage which I didn't have to carry at any point. YouRee had made me a vegetable & mango smoothy, and gave me a copy of a Christian music competition CD on which she has a track. Emotional farewells and loads of photos, videos all round, and then I walked through into the other world of security checks.

It's a long around 12 hour flight, all in daylight, at least until descending into the murk of the clouds only just above a wet Heathrow, but, re-united with my baggage, I didn't have to wheel it very far, as Mrs Kim, Gee, Jyun and Tae Wan were there to meet me with flowers. There was plenty to talk about! Arriving in Hardman Road another 6 or 7 Immanuel members were already coming down the slope to greet me. I prayed with them, and then they brought the luggage round, just dodging the splashing cars outside the house! Immanuel church here in Kingston have of course been following events, have heard my sermon yesterday, know who was at the airport to see me off etc! There's no question - it was a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment