Monday 28 October 2013

Monday

Breakfast at 8.15 was the kind of meal my hostess believes it ought to be - a major Korean meal with plenty of hot and spicy things, pink rice, beef, kohlrabi, sesame leaves, fruit salad including tomatoes, peppers, and there was tea provided for me, Rosemary tea. We were soon walking out round to the church calling at a bank on the way where I've changed some sterling, and found that if you get the right machine my card will work too. Then they were setting me up with a temporary mobile phone. They are seriously amused at the old Nokia I use. They are on their smartphones the whole time, contributing to the incredibly smooth running of their planning for my visit. The first visit to the Immanuel Church was special, with it's London themed Cafe - I've got lots of pictures to show just how London-themed it is. I had a largely vegetable smoothie that one of our party of 8 for today insisted I should have first for my well-being, and then a very nice Korean tea, sweet lemon tea. Then we were off to the Korean Folk Village Park some distance away. First thing was to kit me out with souvenirs to bring back for church members and others. I've got a Korean T-shirt that I've been wearing straightaway though the day didn't turn out quite as warm as it seemed it might. Second thing was eating and we went to a no-nonsense restaurant that got the food on to the table quickly, and plenty of it, bibimbap for me - you're provided with the ingredients in your cast-iron bowl, piping hot, the stuff still sizzling and you mix it adding hot chilli pickles to your taste. There's soup as well, and what they called Korean pizza, bit like an omelette that everyone helped themselves to, along with the kimchi pickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment